- tm.admin for submissions concerning trade marks @ekomm.ipi .ch
- patent.admin for submissions concerning patents @ekomm.ipi .ch
- design.admin for submissions concerning designs @ekomm.ipi .ch
- origin.admin for submissions concerning PDO-PGI @ekomm.ipi .ch
- copyright.admin for submissions concerning copyright @ekomm.ipi .ch
- finance for submissions concerning current account debit orders @ekomm.ipi .ch
A receipt of the email is communicated to the sender via an email containing a digitally signed confirmation (PDF). The confirmation contains the official IPI date of receipt
For submissions with time limits, no confirmation receipt means that the IPI has NOT received the submission.
If this happens, immediately resend your submission to the IPI via the postal service or fax.
More information available at http://ekomm.ipi.ch.
Three copies of the technical documentation must be submitted for new patent applications if you send them by post (only two copies are required if they are submitted after the filing date). However, if you send your documents by email to the address patent.admin, you only need to attach one copy of the technical documentation as a PDF file. @ekomm.ipi .ch
Under this section, you will find extracts from the IPI's Fee Ordinance (in German, French or Italian) which is used for calculating fees for statutory services. It is possible to be invoiced for these fees, or the IPI has provisions for setting up a special "current account" against which fees and remuneration are automatically charged. In addition, it is also possible to pay for services and some fees specified by the IPI relating to sovereign activities using the respective online methods (credit cards, PostFinance).
- Sovereign activities provided by the IPI are, in principle, exempt from VAT. For training courses and other information services, the IPI has opted for taxation under Art 22 of the VAT Act and therefore includes VAT on invoices.
- Services provided on the basis of private law, however, are subject to VAT under the VAT Act (see Art. 17 IGEG in German, French or Italian).
Pilot project for a collaboration of the five largest patent offices with search and examination of Patent Cooperation Treaty applications
06.07.2018 | IPI
The founding of the sic! Foundation for intellectual property, information and competition law.
Info event on using strategic patent analyses on 11.4.2018 in Zurich
14.02.2018 | Event
Stakeholder Discussions on: Innovation, availability and affordability of medical products. Can we achieve it all?
Séminaire IPI / LES: «développements récents en droit des marques», jeudi le 9 novembre 2017 au Novotel Genève
Patents and pharmaceuticals - Public event at the IPI in collaboration with the European Patent Office