- tm.admin for submissions concerning trade marks @ekomm.ipi .ch
- patent.admin for submissions concerning patents @ekomm.ipi .ch
- design.admin for submissions concerning designs @ekomm.ipi .ch
- origin.admin for submissions concerning PDO-PGI @ekomm.ipi .ch
- copyright.admin for submissions concerning copyright @ekomm.ipi .ch
- finance for submissions concerning current account debit orders @ekomm.ipi .ch
A receipt of the email is communicated to the sender via an email containing a digitally signed confirmation. The confirmation contains the official IPI date of receipt
For submissions with time limits, no confirmation receipt means that the IPI has NOT received the submission.
If this happens, immediately resend your submission to the IPI via the postal service or fax (until 31 December 2019).
More information available at http://ekomm.ipi.ch.
Three copies of the technical documentation must be submitted for new patent applications if you send them by post (only two copies are required if they are submitted after the filing date). However, if you send your documents by email to the address patent.admin, you only need to attach one copy of the technical documentation as a PDF file. @ekomm.ipi .ch
Under this section, you will find extracts from the IPI's Fee Ordinance (in German, French or Italian) which is used for calculating fees for statutory services. It is possible to be invoiced for these fees, or the IPI has provisions for setting up a special "current account" against which fees and remuneration are automatically charged. In addition, it is also possible to pay for services and some fees specified by the IPI relating to sovereign activities using the respective online methods (credit cards, PostFinance).
- Sovereign activities provided by the IPI are, in principle, exempt from VAT. For training courses and other information services, the IPI has opted for taxation under Art 22 of the VAT Act and therefore includes VAT on invoices.
- Services provided on the basis of private law, however, are subject to VAT under the VAT Act (see Art. 17 IGEG in German, French or Italian).
Study: How important IP rights are for the Swiss economy
Better international protection for Swiss quality products
Roundtable on the protection of computer-implemented inventions
10.04.2019 | Event
The IPI at the Exhibition of Inventions in Geneva from 10 to 14 April 2019 - why not stop by and see us?