For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Your search results will be displayed as an overview. Select a result to see more detailed information.
The grid view provides the following information for each search result:
- Title and/or representation of the trade mark
- Trade mark number or application number
- Nice Classification (goods and services classes)
- IP right status (active or cancelled)
- IP right phase (application or registered)
You can switch to the list view by clicking on the list/grid button (not available in the mobile version).
In the list view, for each result, you will see exactly where the search term has been found. You can then click on these fields to refine your search.
Unlike the grid view, the list view does not provide any information on the IP right phase. The IP right status is indicated only by a symbol (green solid circle = active, red crossed-out circle = cancelled).
By default, search results are sorted by descending relevance. At the top, you will see all IP rights with a trade mark title containing your search term. These are followed by results for word elements of word/figurative marks, trade mark numbers, application numbers, owner’s address, representative’s address and, finally, any results for claimed goods and services.
By clicking on sort by, you can sort the results by filing date, registration date or expiry date.
Click on the arrow next to this to choose the order:
- Descending order – the most recent date or the most relevant result will be listed first.
- Ascending order – the earliest date or the least relevant result will be listed first.
The Export function allows you to export the search results – up to 500 results – as a PDF file.
Add to favourites
By clicking Add to favourites, you can save your search query and set a bookmark in your browser, for example. You need to log in to your user account to use this function.
Change the number of results per page
You can use the Results per page function (located below the search results) to choose to display 8, 16 (default), 32 or 64 results.
09.02.2023 | Patents
“A competitor wanted to intimidate us”
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"