For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Your search results will be displayed in overview form. By default, they are presented in grid form, in order of relevance. Select a result to see more detailed information.
The grid view provides the following information for each search result (may slightly differ depending on the type): the representation of the emblem, the type or category of the sign, the number, the Vienna Classification, the state, or the authority’s address.
You can switch to the list view by clicking on the list/grid button (not available in the mobile version).
In the list view, for each result, you will see exactly where the search term has been found. You can then click on these fields to refine your search.
By clicking on Sort by, you can sort the results by relevance or by number.
Click on the arrow next to this to choose between ascending or descending order:
- Descending: the highest number or the most relevant result will be listed first.
- Ascending: the lowest number or the least relevant result will be listed first.
The Export function allows you to export the search results – up to 500 results – as a PDF file. This is only possible if the results are protected public signs of Switzerland.
Add to favourites
By clicking Add to favourites, you can save your search query and set a bookmark in your browser, for example. You need to log in to your user account to use this function.
Change the number of results per page
You can use the Results per page function (located below the search results) to choose to display 8, 16 (default), 32 or 64 results.
24.05.2023 | Media release, Copyright
Online service providers are to remunerate use of journalistic works
26.04.2023 | Media release, Law and policy
Greater efficiency in the fight against counterfeiting
19.01.2023 | Law and policy, Event
Conference on Intellectual Property & Sustainability at the University of Geneva
Symposium: "Best practices in the fight against counterfeiting & piracy – NFTs not your cup of tea? Well, they should: NFTs as a new way of fighting counterfeiting and piracy"