The practical way for you to securely receive and efficiently process correspondence from the IPI online. Electronic correspondence is currently planned for procedures concerning trade marks.
The IPI provides you with the possibility of receiving correspondence concerning trade mark procedures electronically. This means that not only will you receive correspondence faster, but you will also be able to process it more efficiently, archive it quickly in digital format, or forward it to your clients at the touch of a button. Manual steps such as scanning become completely unneccesary. It is therefore best to use this method to securely receive all correspondence from the IPI – from the application and amendment of a trade mark registration to the renewal of your IP right.
You can receive electronic correspondence from the IPI by first registering free of charge with one of the recognised delivery platforms, IncaMail or PrivaSphere, as well as registering with the eGov subscriber directory. These all ensure that you will receive correspondence from the IPI securely and confidentially, and if required, directly to your own email inbox. Note that IncaMail and PrivaSphere will charge you for integrating this service into your own email client.
Once you have registered on one of the two delivery platforms, submit a request to the IPI to receive correspondence in electronic format for the desired IP rights and procedures. You can find out how to submit your request and further information under requesting electronic delivery.
If you have registered to receive electronic correspondence from the IPI, it will be sent to you via the delivery platform of your choice. If we send you correspondence that is larger than 5 MB, we will send you an email containing a link to the IPI Data Exchange Platform from which you can download your correspondence.
Please note the following:
- This service is only for the electronic receipt of correspondence concerning trade marks. For submitting documentation concerning trade mark procedures to the IPI, use the existing channels of communication.
- It is not yet possible to apply for the electronic delivery of correspondence for trade mark procedures, namely:
- Opposition proceedings with a five-digit opposition number
- Procedures concerning the registration of a trade mark with an application number smaller than 70000/2018
- An electronic delivery address must always be linked to a postal delivery address in Switzerland. This means tht an electronic delivery address cannot be used with multiple postal delivery addresses. Please note that a foreign delivery address is also not permitted.
If you later decide that you prefer to have correspondence delivered to your postal address for a specific procedure, please let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
SMEs used the lockdown period to develop new ideas – an insight into an initiative of the IPI during the coronavirus crisis
08.06.2020 | Patents
More support for innovative SMEs and start-ups – assisted patent searches at a reduced fee until the end of 2020
Better international protection for Swiss geographical indications
The IPI is actively participating in the WIPO dialogue on intellectual property and artificial intelligence
08.11.2019 | Event
Symposium on Creative Approaches to Improving Access to Medicines Globally
Roundtable on the protection of computer-implemented inventions