For IP professionals
This is the portal for professionals working in the field of intellectual property. Here you'll find direct access to all necessary resources.
- Trade Mark Database
- Register changes for trade marks
- Madrid Monitor
- International trade mark registration
- Trade Mark Guidelines (German, French, Italian)
- Classification tool for trade marks
- Trade mark examination support tool
- Trade marks: Costs and fees
- Trade marks: WIPO fee calculator
- Cancellation procedure for trade marks on the grounds of non-use
- Protected public signs: Abbreviations
- Protected public signs: Other signs (emblems)
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices
- Trade marks: News Service Archive
- Patents: Patent Examination Guidelines (German, French)
- Patents: Fees
Increasing innovation budgets yet fewer new products
According to the Innovation Survey for Germany by the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), the innovation budget in Germany increased by 3.7% to more than 140 billion euros in 2013. This peak is expected to be surpassed by a further 3% in 2014.
The overall figures cover a concentration of individual industries, a third of which are attributable to the vehicle industry, another third of which are equally distributed across the pharmaceutical/chemical, electrical and machine industries.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) invest considerably less than large companies in relation to their turnover, and although budgets for research, IP rights and marketing have risen steadily and significantly since 2009, the innovation rate (an indicator for the introduction of products and process innovations), has decreased within this same period.
Want to stay up to date with the latest news? Subscribe to our newsletter or browse through the previous issues.